Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and i bought a new 2012 Soul (base model) in July last year; since then the car has been back to my local Kia dealer on several occasions. Initially, it was because the dashboard display failed completely, meaning that, although the car was driveable, nothing on the display worked, including the speedo! On the second occasion, the original display was removed and sent to Kia in California and was replaced. Since then, it briefly failed again, but was OK the next time the car was started and has been OK since. With regard to the cruise control, the base model doesn't have cruise as standard so we arranged to have one fitted as an extra. The first one had an alarming tendency to accelerate by anything up to 10 mph (from 55 mph) so, having taken it back to Kia once, we then took it directly to the supplier, who replaced it. However, we still have the same problem, although it doesn't accelerate quite as much, around 7 or 8 mph. We are both pretty fed up with it - does anyone else have either or both of these problems?

·
Registered
13 Kia Sorento LX AWD convenience pkg
8 Posts
If you bought a base model w/o cruise control and had one installed you now have an aftermarket cruise control.

That is your problem. I would have it removed completely as I have seen more problems then I would like to remember from this. Wires were spliced. What you have was not made for your car and the computer in your car was not made to operate your device.

---- Experience ----- Certified Kia Service Writer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts