Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 2001 Kia Optima. It only has 35000 miles. Yesterday, I stopped at a gas station to fill up, and immediately after leaving the station, my check engine light came on, and the car started vibrating. I went to Autozone and had the codes pulled and there was a P045 (may have been from a prior time my gas cap was loose) and P301. I put some dry gas and fuel injector cleaner in it and have driven 70 miles with no change to the symptoms. The car vibrates really bad when in gear and idling, and also upon acceleration. It vibrates all the time, but this is when it is worse. It also smells really foul (the exhaust). Any ideas on what this could be??

JD

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
I am not sure why your Optima is vibrating but the check engine light will come on after refilling gas if the gas cap isn't screwed on tightly. Try tighting it a few extra clicks and see if the light goes out. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a similar problem with my '01 Optima. My check engine light came on a month ago after having the transmission serviced. It locks up in third gear occasionally. I noticed the check engine light will go off after totally filling the gas tank. I will make it down the road about 6 blocks and the check engine light comes back on along with a jolt and the engine locks up in third gear again. I can down shift to second to get started at stop lights and if I turn the engine off and back on, most times this will allow me to drive normal sometimes up to a day or two but always with the check engine light on and car shifts fine.

I am going to have my mechanic run the OBDII codes and see what is registering for codes. I would like to think it is a speed sensor issue vs the tranny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts