Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2011 Sportage LX with 56000 miles. Within the last 6000 miles, the "trip" button to toggle between miles driven, MPG, etc. has become "stuck." In order to change from one piece of info to the next, I have to hold down the button for anywhere from three to five minutes or press it rapidly for a long period of time. Additionally, the radio steering wheel controls to change presets will skip stations. If I press the down arrow once, the radio might skip two or three presets before stopping.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Thanks in advance, Brett

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sounds like corroded or otherwise sticky buttons. Do you live somewhere really humid, salty air, or other conditions that could introduce moisture into the area?

·
Registered
297 Posts
That should still be covered under warranty.

I happened to have an issue with UP button where it got squishy loosing the 'click' feel thou it worked. Car had 13K km on it then and dealer replaced left switch assembly. Steering wheel controls are very easy to replace. There are two small bolts on sides of the wheel to release air bag, then you lift it up and then you can unscrew the switches on bottom side of the wheel to remove them. Check wiring for damage.
I'm not sure what the procedure is to get at TRIP and RESET buttons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2011 Sportage. I am stuck on ECO YES/NO and I want either MPG or outside air temp to show but when I press the trip switch nothing happens. I will try the three to five minutes but that is not a good solution. It was working fine for the first 60,000 miles but just quit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seeing the same issue w/2011 Optima EX

I am seeing that the cruise control buttons and the toggle for the in dash information buttons are not working reliably. They work sometimes now. These are the controls I use the most. Others such as radio volume/channel jump work fine.

What was the solution to the above problems?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seeing the same issue w/2011 Optima EX

I am seeing that the cruise control buttons and the toggle for the in dash information buttons are not working reliably. They work sometimes now. These are the controls I use the most. Others such as radio volume/channel jump work fine.

What was the solution to the above problems?
Any luck in finding a solution? I am having the same issues with my 2013 Kia Rio. Crusie Control and my trip/reset buttons are not working. My buttons do not seem to be stuck.

·
Super Moderator
9,454 Posts
Any luck in finding a solution? I am having the same issues with my 2013 Kia Rio. Crusie Control and my trip/reset buttons are not working. My buttons do not seem to be stuck.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts