Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I bought my 2013 Kia Rio5 Ex about a month ago. I bought it used and it has been great but I have had a problem for the past couple of days. My controls for the volume, mode, mute, seek and preset are all switched.

This is what is happening:
Pressing mode= mute
Pressing preset= mode
pressing mute= volume up
pressing volume up or down = volume down
pressing seek= preset/seek

I've tried resetting Uvo but that did not fix the issues. Is the there an easy way to disconnect it from the steering wheel and then trying to reconnect them?

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,531 Posts
you could also disconnect the battery and reconnect and see if it solves the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your suggestions. The problem has been inconsistent and keeps going away then occurring again. I will probably take it to a Kia dealer to see if they can fix the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm having the same issues with steering wheel controls, changing radio channels buttons lowers/increases volume , at times none of the buttons works....how was your issue resolved? Costly?

·
Registered
2013 Rio EX, 2012 Sedona LX
154 Posts
I wonder if the connectors for the switches/ buttons were plugged into the incorrect terminals on the clock spring..?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2020 Ford Escape SEL, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,131 Posts
My neighbor has a 2013 also that developed the same problem. The dealer changed the switch. I don't think there's any kind of 'reset' for that. That switch pod basically connect directly to the radio. It has a printed circuit board in it which likely became defective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My driver side led light on my mirror is broken I am seeing that the light is available alone and not the entire mirror can someone give he hints as to how to start to change it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The band in the steering may need replacing the same is happening with mines and when I scan it it comes up as a fault.... is the airbag indicator on the instrument panel on??

·
Registered
Kia Forte Koup EX 2010
1 Posts
I fixed it on my Kia Koup EX 2010

I just got the same exact issue on my Kia Forte Koup EX 2010, the exact weird mixed buttons behavior, I followed the suggestion here and replaced the switch only.

The part number that I used for my car was 967002K000, same colors and everything.

So that was it

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2020 Ford Escape SEL, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,131 Posts
I just got the same exact issue on my Kia Forte Koup EX 2010, the exact weird mixed buttons behavior, I followed the suggestion here and replaced the switch only.

The part number that I used for my car was 967002K000, same colors and everything.

So that was it
Good that you've fixed it but the part number for a 2010 Forte Koup is of no real use in the 3G Rio section.

·
Registered
UB Rio 1.2L EX MT (2012 Model)
25 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2012 Rio. The buttons are all switched up. Mine started after I replaced the radio with a 2016 model. I figured the issue started cos the steering switch is different in both models.
Any ideas on a how I can fix it? Its not easy to get a reliable dealer in my region, especially one who won't charge an arm and a leg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts