Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, long time lurker, new to the forum and I think it is great!

I have a 2004 Sorento LX 4x4 with a problem, or maybe not a problem. I am in Canada, so it has daytime running lights.

When I start it, the daytime running lights come on. But, the marker lamps come on as well. So do the ones in the taillights. When I turn the switch on the steering column to turn on the marker lights, it does nothing, because the marker lights are already on. BUT, you can hear a clicking noise as if they turn on, but they are already on. Wierd. Headlights and everything else works perfect. This is a 2004 Canadian model, no command start or other issues.

I took it to the dealer, and they said it was normal for my model. We checked an 06, and of course the marker lights didn't come one with the daytime running lights. We checked an 04 Sorento as well, same thing. The marker lights didn't come on.

They said they went to the used car showroom, found a 2004 Sorento LX 4x4, and they said the marker lights came on with the daytime running lights.

They said that they didn't come on in the EX models because they must have been wired different.

Any Canucks out there with an '04 Sorento LX that can check to see if their marker lights come on with the daytime running lights? Dealer said this was "normal operation" which I find hard to believe. Never saw that before. Plus why would they have the setting on the steering column switch to turn on the marker lights...if they are already on?

Thanks for any advice or input! I know electrical can be a pain, but this is odd. I hope I am not being jerked around. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lxedition said:
Perfectly normal my fellow Canuck!!!
Do you mean it is perfectly normal for the marker lights to be on with the daytime running lights? Does your's do that too?

Sorry for asking for clarification. I really don't want to drive around to Kia dealers tomorrow asking them to start up '04's for me. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lxedition said:
Yeah my 04 LX does the same thing. The only thing switching the parks does is turns the speedo gauges on. Oh yeah and keeps my Angel eyes on while the sorento is off :D
Thanks so much for this clarification. It has taken a load off as far as dealing with dealers. That is sure an odd thing of Kia to do. Maybe they patched something together so Canadain versions had daytime running lights, and marker lights too for some reason.

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
04 spectra GSX
17 Posts
Thanks so much for this clarification. It has taken a load off as far as dealing with dealers. That is sure an odd thing of Kia to do. Maybe they patched something together so Canadain versions had daytime running lights, and marker lights too for some reason.

Thanks again! :)
i have an 04 spectra and i was wondering the same thing, i want to install angel eyes and have the day time lights OFF. So did you figure out how to make it so they dont come on?? that would help me out alot. If their is NO WAY to make them not come on then i will hold off on making/buying angel eyes
your fellow cunuck..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts