Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just bought this short ram air intake for my 95 kia sephia... and i need some help installing ti cause for some reason it wont work at all i even tried connecting it to the air flow meter and that didnt work either... idk what the problem is. can somebody help?

·
Registered
107 Posts
ok first off there are a few things you need to know. First there is a little arrow pointing to which directio the air moves on the Mass airflow sensor, make sure its facing that way, second make sure there are NO LEAKS int eh pipe or in any areas where youc onnected stuff to, if there is, cover em up. Another thing, you should disconnect the negitive battery cable for 5 to 15 minutes to reset the ECU, because this is a new intake syste, it has to relearn the newer paramiters, otherwise it will idle like crap and continue to give problems. Let me explain how the ECU sees things wheny ou put in a performance intake system.

one day you have the stock air intake and the ECU is happy, then all the sudden it has this unfimiliar intake system that is sucking in air better and more effeciently then normal and it has no idea how to cope with it since its parameters were set for the stock intake, it thinks there is something wrong. Once you reset it, it will learn the new parameters of this current intake and all will be well. This is VERY NECESSARY everyime you mess around with the intake, I feel that everytime you modify anything reguarding the engine, you should reset the ECU to avoid potential problems. Also it would help if you posted pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just mentioned this on another post....

My 95 sephia has a small triangle shaped box on it that has a hose leading back to the intake... That is actually the VAC system and will cause the car to stall right away when idle or just not start at all.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
one day you have the stock air intake and the ECU is happy, then all the sudden it has this unfimiliar intake system that is sucking in air better and more effeciently then normal and it has no idea how to cope with it since its parameters were set for the stock intake, it thinks there is something wrong. Once you reset it, it will learn the new parameters of this current intake and all will be well. This is VERY NECESSARY everyime you mess around with the intake, I feel that everytime you modify anything reguarding the engine, you should reset the ECU to avoid potential problems. Also it would help if you posted pictures.
the obd2 ecu will learn itself... no need to reset just for intake it will still be within perimeters and will adjust accordingly. ( this is what the iat sensor is for to measure intake temp and adjust fuel trim)obd2 is more advanced then some ppl think. Ive never reset my ecu with any mods that I have done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts