Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. First timer! The lower portion of the rear (double) seat in my Sorrento is jammed and as a result I can't pull it forward so as to lay the upper portion flat. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Hi. First timer! The lower portion of the rear (double) seat in my Sorrento is jammed and as a result I can't pull it forward so as to lay the upper portion flat. Any suggestions?
I recall the clips being pretty sturdy and not likely to be bent out of place causing a jam. I would try again, being pretty forceful.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,878 Posts
The lower portion of the rear (double) seat in my Sorento is jammed
Do you mean the release latch is jammed .... or you just haven't found (or broken) the fabric release pull on the rear edge of the squab?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean the release latch is jammed .... or you just haven't found (or broken) the fabric release pull on the rear edge of the squab?
The latch works fine it's the fabric loop that I'm referring to. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that, on occasion, I've pushed the upper portion of the back seat forward without lifting the bottom portion out of the way. Could this have caused a clip to be bent out of position?

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
The latch works fine it's the fabric loop that I'm referring to. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that, on occasion, I've pushed the upper portion of the back seat forward without lifting the bottom portion out of the way. Could this have caused a clip to be bent out of position?
Not likely, I've had mine down many times, it just won't lay flat unless the seat bottoms are out of the way first.

Have you tried to put weight ON the seat when pulling the release? If there is something stuck underneath pushing up, it could be putting enough pressure on the latch that it won't break free (think how much harder it is to open a house door if you're leaning on it, even in the direction it's supposed to open). kneel on the seat, and see if the loop pulls any easier. Once you feel movement, than hop off and see if it releases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts