Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Forte EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the #4 Coil has obstructions that will not allow me to remove the Coil. It appears to be a fuel line and something else. The Coil is shown in the attached photo. The silver line with the Hex nut above and to the right of the Coil is a fuel line that i undid but it will not move. The other line to the left of the Coil (note light blue plastic) is the main obstruction. I do not know what that is or how to disconnect it.
Does anyone know what do I remove, and how do I remove it, to allow the coil to be removed.

Attachments

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,932 Posts
Is this query unique to the Canadian models?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Forte EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this query unique to the Canadian models?
I do not know if it is unique to Canadian models or not. All videos I have researched do not show the removing of this Coil. I am hoping the photo will illustrate the issue I am having

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do not know if it is unique to Canadian models or not. All videos I have researched do not show the removing of this Coil. I am hoping the photo will illustrate the issue I am having
I have the same problem, USA Kia , anyone have any suggestions?

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,932 Posts
I have the same problem, USA Kia , anyone have any suggestions?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,398 Posts
That is your high pressure fuel pump. It is driven by a special dedicated 'lobe' on the cam shaft.
Try to disconnect it from the valve cover without disturbing the fuel lines. You may get enough wiggle room to get the coil pack out. If not, you have to deal with the fuel lines. Be very careful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts