Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Ceed Scoupe TX VAN
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I´ve brought an used Kia ceed Scoupe TX VAN (2010) in my country - portugal, but the car came without radio (the previous owner removed it). Now im trying to instal a Blaupunkt in the car but when i connect the cables nothing happend...
I´ve tryed with other radios that work in other cars, but still no sign of life.

Can anyone help me please? in the next 2 or 3 months i will buy the kia ceed original car stereo, but now i have no money...junt want to listen some music.

regards

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Maybe you need a new ISO cable loom for it.
The little set of cables that changes the factory KIA connectors into the industry standard plugs that will connect any normal stereo. They're pretty cheap, I'll have a quick ebay search for you;

CT20UV01 Kia Carnival Cee'd Magentis ISO Stereo Harness Adaptor Wiring Loom Lead | eBay

That's a UK company, but you should be able to find one in Portugal too.
If the old owner removed a nice stereo, he might've replaced the speakers too, and (worst case) also removed them?

If you still see no lights, check the fuse box (end of dashboard at drivers side) make sure you have the Audio fuse in place.

Just trying to think of everything here, but it's probably an easy fix. Can you take it to KIA for them to have a look, or isn't it covered by warranty?

·
Registered
Kia Ceed Scoupe TX VAN
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

I took the car into a mechanic and the put that ISO cable and now the radio works fine :) now i have to save money to buy the orginal KIA radio.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
863 Posts
So glad you have sounds working mate, well done.

You could check around ebay for a decent 'double din' (2 units high) stereo, as I know the KIA units are very expensive (£500+), unreliable & sound crap.

Look for a 2Din stereo with USB socket from Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Sony or Panasonic as a good starting point.

Here's a cheap solution from JVC:
JVC KW-R500E DOUBLE DIN CD/MP3/USB CAR STEREO | eBay

Or a nicer Kenwood unit:
KENWOOD DPX-404U CD MP3 CAR Stereo Double Din USB AUX iPhone iPod | eBay

and a better Kenwood unit:
KENWOOD DPX-504U CD MP3 CAR Stereo Double Din USB AUX iPhone iPod | eBay

Plenty out there mate, all depends on your budget!
but avoid the un-branded stereo's like this: NEW Double 2 Din 7" Touch Screen Car Stereo TV Player DVD CD USB PT03 ON SALES!! | eBay

·
Registered
Kia Ceed Scoupe TX VAN
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello and thanks again,

Does the radios that you´ve mentioned work withe the streering wheel comands ?
the one i have now doesnt work with it, because of the connections in the back...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Oh Dammit, copied from the first link I gave:
"This lead will not allow you to continue using the controls on your steering column, however we do supply the adaptors to connect your new unit to these controls. Please contact us for advice on the correct part for your vehicle."

I 'think' this is the right lead for the steering wheel controls;
CONNECTS2 KIA SORENTO CEED STEERING/STALK STEREO LEAD | eBay

You have to tell them which stereo make it's connecting to:
"Please put in the 'notes to seller' which stereo end you would like - The price you see is INCLUDING the stereo end patch lead"

If you are unsure, use the 'contact seller' button and tell them what car & radio you have, and what you want it to do. They should be able to send you the right leads.

Hope that helps & sorry my first link didn't cover that.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed Scoupe TX VAN
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again.

And for instance, if i buy the JVC radio or another, how will i connet the USB that came with the car? will it work normaly?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sadly no. You need to get a radio with it's own USB socket on the front panel.
The KIA one will only connect to standard KIA stereo :(

·
Registered
cee'd sw, 1600ccm, gas, a/t
8 Posts
Blaupunkt

dubster Oh Dammit, copied from the first link I gave:
"This lead will not allow you to continue using the controls on your steering column, however we do supply the adaptors to connect your new unit to these controls. Please contact us for advice on the correct part for your vehicle."
Just to illustrate where I am in research if Blaupunkt New York 800 or Chicago 600 fits into Ceed m.y. 2008. I was happy when found Blaupunkt connector pinout:

Blaupunkt connectors

Combined with this picture:

It seemed a piece of cake to install a Blaupunkt into my Ceed. But, here it is what I got from Blaupunkt tech support:

we are afraid, that the KIA remote signal is not compatible with our radio.
The radio cannot support the different signals of hundreds of different car manufacturers and their models
OK, the second sentence calls to forget Blaupunkt forever, but I'm just curious if somebody has a different opinion or experience different from quoted advice.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Bozidare,

The standard unit in 2008 Cee'd should also be manifactured by blaupunkt if I'm not mistaken. So there is a chance that it might work with the unit you chose.

Also, there were discussions in this forum about head units and working steering wheel controls, there are units that work, just use the search and I'm sure you'll find it somewhere.

·
Registered
cee'd sw, 1600ccm, gas, a/t
8 Posts
@McSport: Yes, should work when paired with that:

@Nikola: There is no an instant solution, but now I'm close. SWC issue seems solved and camera connecting should be quite simple. I should modify factory installed USB and AUX in, too. Going to pull out my radio one of these days, just to check wiring

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW 1.6 CRDi 115HP (2009) LX Fresh
20 Posts
@Nikola @BozidaR
I am interested in changing the unit (where in Belgrade), tired of not having USB (yes with FM transmitter). But I want to at least hook tablet. Line in/out on those modules not working right. Do you have an alternative? Some GOOD FM transmitter with quality line in or decent bluetooth...? You see my point? I'm going mad trying to play music OVER the "display". Any suggestion?
Thanks

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
I wrote the whole post and it went away because I had to re-login for some reason...

The new, shorter version:

There is AUX input on the back of our radios (the ones that don't have USB/AUX connectors). I thought I might wire that to a 3.5mm jack and plug it into my phone or whatever. But then I realised that when you switch input modes on the radio, it only goes between CD and radio. So it's a dead end.

I was looking into FM transmitters and stuff, but finally gave it up. I listen to radio mostly anyway, unless I'm doing a longer trip. In that case, I consume CDs, which produce disc errors from time to time, but I kinda learned to live with it.

A true solution is getting a new radio, but the one that keeps the steering wheel controls and has a detachable front panel (theft protection) might cost quite a bit (not worth it..).

I asked kia Zemun if they would be installing a radio if I bring one, and they said no. (This was a couple of years ago). They also said that tampering with electrics by someone who is not them would void the warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts