Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Car KIA RIO II (1.4, 16v 97 ch) Year 2010.
The fan with low speed does not work even if the temperature reaches 98 ° C, while at high speed and from 103 ° C is turn ON.
when I operate the air conditioner the fan operates normally even at low tempurature.
Visible test and relay ok (found in the box on the motor side)
thank you for helping me where is the problem?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
129 Posts
Did you test the low speed relay? There are two relays. If low speed relay checks out you need to check at the connector if it is getting voltage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am the same person.
danelo THANK you for your reply

I tested the relay "COND FAN 1" by the same type of relay 92224-2D000 20A of "HORN" but the problem still exists.
I think about the connector if it is getting voltage. thank you for explaining to me how to test it?
BOX.jpg
RELAYl.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio
129 Posts
Here is a bit more info. I am fairly certain this is for your car, but not 100%. I pulled it off the internet. I looks like you should check Pin 19 to see if you are getting a voltage output to turn on the low speed.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio 1.4 16v dohc
102 Posts
For what i know, the AC starts the fan at high speed. Have you checked the low speed resistor? Is the green parts visible in this photo:

When it broke, the low speed stop to work. The kia part number is 253851M000. Check on your car if on the contacts there is continuity with some impedance.

If you see the danelo scheme, is the resistor between fan engine and low speed relay.

Edit: Sorry, the part number is wrong. I was unable to find the part number for JB Rio. In any case, is present, like the first photo.

·
Registered
Rio Pride JB HB 1.4 G4EE MT 2011
21 Posts
had the same problem, not yet resolve. the diagram above its for Single fan motor, Rio JB use dual Motors.
Already check /swap relay like above. not solve anything.
not yet try. find or replace the Resistor for Motor or trace the wire. probably some Y connector corrode or broke, I assume

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thank you very much for your valuable help (danelo and Blkid)
I confirm the following data checked with torque : both fans 1 and 2 run at high speed after 103°C or if I run the air conditioner after 80°C. KIA RIO JB 1.4 (2010).
1- I need to have checked PIN 19 when the correct temperature is reached to trigger the fan in low speed, ie after 94 ° C, or at any temperature? (question for danelo)
2-low speed resistor position is in the fan located on the left?
what do you think, if I do not find the resistor I have to change a new fan to the left?
(question for Blkid)
I have to do step 1 or 2 ahead?
Blkid "Check on your car if on the contacts there is continuity with some impedance" thank you for clarifying it for me

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions. It has really helped me.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio 1.4 16v dohc
102 Posts
Blkid "Check on your car if on the contacts there is continuity with some impedance" thank you for clarifying it for me

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions. It has really helped me.
Follow the wires from the main connector on the fan panel. On the upper u will find another connector that is the low speed resistor, the piece like the sample photo i reported before.

Looking at your photo, it should be the component in the red circle:

For what i see, for jb the resistor is only 2 pin. In any case, considering that is a resistor, it must have an impendance between the contacts. So, with a tester, check if have impedance or of it is open. If is open is broken.

Check also the continuity between the resistor and the connector of the wires, to check if there is a problem in connection or wires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts