Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an aftermarket Rostra cruise control kit in my '05 Spectra EX, but I wanted to take a look at the wiring diagrams before I tackle the job. I usually access the manuals on autozone.com but it looks like the diagrams are for an '02. They'll probably get me through, but it would be nice to see the correct ones.

There seems to be a problem with kiatechinfo.com for registering (javascript error), at least on my end...I've tried several computers and browsers. Has anyone else had problems? If not, can someone register for me or send me the manual? Can't seem to find it anywhere else...

Help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Lots of users have problems with KiaTechInfo. Here is the good oil from DaveSpectra:

Windows computer (98~win7)
Internet Explorer ver 6~8 (ver 9 or 10 "may" be usable with "compatibility mode" enabled)
Adobe SVG (scaled vector graphics) downloaded and installed.
A "valid" email account that they can respond to...

Seems that the site is running on old software. I can't understand why it's not just PDFs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of users have problems with KiaTechInfo. Here is the good oil from DaveSpectra:

Windows computer (98~win7)
Internet Explorer ver 6~8 (ver 9 or 10 "may" be usable with "compatibility mode" enabled)
Adobe SVG (scaled vector graphics) downloaded and installed.
A "valid" email account that they can respond to...

Seems that the site is running on old software. I can't understand why it's not just PDFs.
Thanks, but my problem is that I can't even get registered. At the registration page, it wants you to view the privacy policy and user agreement by clicking a link. I am able to get the popup to show up in internet explorer, but clicking the check box to say that I read the agreement doesn't register with the site. Therefore, I cannot continue with the registration process.

I'll see if I can figure out some other things to try. If someone is able to make it through the registration process, can you register for me?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I didn't ever bother to sign up, but did check the sign-up page. You might have a problem with pop-up blocking. Copy of message:

NOTE: If your computer has Windows XP operating system, you may have an automatic
Pop-up Blocker running which can prevent these links from opening. To bypass the Pop-up
Blocker, hold the "Ctrl" key (lower left corner of keyboard) while you click on the link, and
do not release the "Ctrl" key until the download window fully appears.

Dopey sign-up pages are usually a good warning about the quality of the site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't ever bother to sign up, but did check the sign-up page. You might have a problem with pop-up blocking. Copy of message:

NOTE: If your computer has Windows XP operating system, you may have an automatic
Pop-up Blocker running which can prevent these links from opening. To bypass the Pop-up
Blocker, hold the "Ctrl" key (lower left corner of keyboard) while you click on the link, and
do not release the "Ctrl" key until the download window fully appears.

Dopey sign-up pages are usually a good warning about the quality of the site.
Like I said, I am able to get the popup to show. The problem is that the site doesn't acknowledge me 'checking' the check-box on the agreement...something that has to be done in order to register.

Anyways, I give up. I'll make due with the limited wiring diagrams I have, unless someone can point me to another source for the FSM?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
UNLESS you use the above suggestions for OS (operating system), Web browser, and install SVG (Adobe sacled vector graphics) you will NOT be able to get any farther than the pop up agreement...This site is very picky but obtainable if you want it badly enough...The 02 Spectra wiring diagrams you speak of will be useless for an 05 Spectra...Completely redesigned model.
Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UNLESS you use the above suggestions for OS (operating system), Web browser, and install SVG (Adobe sacled vector graphics) you will NOT be able to get any farther than the pop up agreement...This site is very picky but obtainable if you want it badly enough...The 02 Spectra wiring diagrams you speak of will be useless for an 05 Spectra...Completely redesigned model.
Dave
I called a tech a Kia and had him register for me. Now I have access and can view the schematics (with IE 10 and svg installed).

He told me on the phone that the requirements Windows XP and IE 6. He said that it hasn't been updated in a while...I guess! :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kiatech website

I had issues until I realized I cannot access the site on any browser but Internet Explorer. I tried Chrome and Firefox, but none worked except Internet Explorer.

Try IE instead of the others. Hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kiatech website

I had issues using the sign in feature until I realized I cannot access the site on any browser but Internet Explorer. I tried Chrome and Firefox, but none worked except Internet Explorer.

Try IE instead of the others. Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Later versions (8/9/10) require "compatability mode" enabled and the security levels lowered in IE.
Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once I got past registering, which seemed to require an older version of IE (or having tech support sign up for you, which is what I did), I was able to access the site with Chrome and the newest IE without any problems...with the svg viewer installed, of course. So I guess YMMV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts