Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wont say anything –ve abt the car cuz I really can’t..cuz I really don’t find nething dats negative hehe *chukles*. Its 1.3 liter engine n manual transmission r a nice combo.. for no matter how hard I push on it.. PRIDe gives its best performance… v r frends now btw… :D… PRIDE is my PRIDe ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I obtained my J reg pride 2 years ago. It has always started first time and passed 3 m.o.t. testswithout any failures .I have just had the first repair job done which was really preventative work.Iam delighted with the car -it's the best car i've owned .has anyone else been this lucky ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah me too. I've got a '99 pride and its 75 bhp is quite a lot for a 850 kg car.
starts like crazy, thats why my only problem is that i have to buy performance tyres wich are a bit more expensive (i go with Toyo) cuz otherwise the tires skid and screetch in place every time i start from a traffic light. So far i've raced it against few cars on the street and most of the time if the track is short i have no trouble winning. On the other hand it's the only car i've driven that can be pushed above it's declarated 6000 rpms and it never overheats. (I've pushed it to 7500)

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys, i also own a PRIDE GTX, just would like to know how your pride is consuming. City driving- it runs at 12km/liter (unleaded) + aircon. haven't tried it yet in long distance driving. JUST WUD LIKE TO KNOW if my PRIDE is performing well....

·
Registered
5 Posts
hehe hi guys new to this fun place, nice to know theres some resource for me to check for info on my lovely pride, ive owned it for 3 years now its a p reg 1.3 lx runs like a beauty hasnt given me an ounce of trouble fantastic car i must agree, need to learn to look after it a bit better though (car maintenance skills are a bit poor), only annoyance i have with the car is getting bits if needed as no scrap yards have any near me so its always a dealership job which costs muchos £££££sss, ahh well cant complain it doesnt cost me much :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
sis / bros,

When KIA stepped into the Phils - Pride was its flagship model - and now its relegated to "other models". Frankly - i am sad with this classification. dont you think?

Ive owned a kia pride cd5 for 8 years and it can beat all the other cars hands down in terms of durability (i drive likei play grand turismo), fuel economy and ease / cost of maintenance.

heck i was front ended by a tricycle which lost control - it was so strong that even though i had my handbrake on - the car still lurched backward - but upon looking at the impact area - there was no damage whatsoever on the bumper.

i was rear ended by a nissan sentra - more of a nudge really - the rear bumper was likewise damage free - but the nissan sentra's bumper was dented and almost torn off its clips.

I added aerogas to my 1100 engine and it now runs 13kms in super city traffic. otherwise it can make as high as 14 kms in normal city driving. on long highways - it can go as high as 17 - 18 kms / liter.

so why are we relegated to this "other models" section? can we request our good mods to put us mainstream? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts