Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had the jam jar serviced at the new kia dealership in cardiff, evanhalshaw the old dealership closed about two months after i bouhgt the car the price they wanted just to change the oil and filter was £230 told them they must be joking and that the old dealer was charging around £160 so after some i wont bring it here again and you must be off your box they agreed to do it at the old dealer price, £57 for 8 ltrs of oil when i bet they buy it at 50p a ltrs the robbing bstrds :amen:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
50p a litre.. if only..
Typical markup is around 100%.. as with a lot of things you buy, or pay for, i.e plumbers, sparkys etc..
You are within your rights to supply your own oil of course.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Murphwiz saw this on uk web site

I'm buying 10/40 vauxhall oil @ 135 quid for a 205 litre barrel.

65P a litre, making a can of oil £3 LOL .And thats just one barrel they buy it in bulk hence rip off britain again :beer:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Phil- depends on the specifications

-is it full/semie synthetic?
- whats the performace ( Mil C-/ API ?/ ect ect.

I have just done my 20000 mile service ( 2nd one)- cost was as follows:

Oil filter+ Air filter 15 quid
5 liters oil ( 0w-30/ full synthetic- Marley gold- api vw 606)- 30 quid
3 liters synthetic 80w/90 diff oil. API gen. 5 ( 15 quid)
top up ATF/ screen wash
Did not change brake fluid as " as new" =- Murphwiz- give me a reading on this one as dont understand why the manual says to change it?? - Is it due to condenastion??

Total supplies 60 quid. ( sorry dont have a pound sign on my keyboard)
Sorento is a Dec 2004 3.5 auto/ converted to LPG . All other parts inspected as indicated in the manual.Total time without a lift /4 to 5 hours.

Incidently, Murphwiz- Kia had the vehicle back a month ago in the Uk and tested the compressions- All ABOVE NORMAL. So LPG seems Ok for this engine. Oil consumption 1 liter for 10000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!/ Conversion was with the Prinz 4 sequential system.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The Vauxhall 10/40 is ok, we use it for our budget services, wouldn't put it near a turbo engine persoanlly, the Vauxhall 5w30 is sensibly price,d I use that myself for my own car.

Bulk oil isn't all that cheap to be fair, I've seen the castrol price list.

Brake fluid is changed as it goes off over time, it's attracts moisture like a sponge, you can get brake fluid testers at reasonable price to tell you the boiling point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts