Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi wonder if anyone can help I have a 2007 KIA Sorento and right now it is behaving a bit odd!

I cannot set the cruise control. The EPS OFF light has been going on intermittently and when i press my break pedal the dashboard lights and my head lamps are flashing.

My husband had connected a trailer onto the car just before this all started to happen but i really feel that it was just a coincidence that this all happened at the same time?

Can anyone offer any advice because i am tearing my hair out.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
I would believe that his wiring of the trailer light circuit or the trailer module is at fault.

Think about this...
The tail lights (night time running lights) and the headlights come on at the same time when the lights switch is activated to the headlight position.... Within the tail light enclosure is also the brake light circuit (bulb). If the brake lights and the tail light lights get short circuited together then when the brakes are applied that voltage is also feed backwards through the tail light circuit back to the headlights and also the dash light circuit. The cruse control has a fail safe circuit that monitors for voltage on the brake lights. Because the two circuits are somehow tied together when the running (also parking) lights are on the cruse looks and sees voltage on the brake lights and won't allow the cruse to engage...
Have him temporarily remove his wiring and repair the cars wiring back to original...The problems WILL go away.
Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 06 did the same thing. The trailer light relay went bad. It's on the frame rail behind the right rear tire. Unplug the relay and everything worked fine. Replaced the relay and everything is fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts