Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MY13 2.4L Sportage Platinum
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to this forum, currently own a Australian MY13 2.4L Kia Sportage Platinum.

Does anyone else know if they are able to stream audio by bluetooth and have audio track titles show?

I have the 7.1" premium sat Nav unit, i have done some research and see can owners in UK with same unit can but its not working for me.

The australian model has a different firmware version, so not sure if its that or anyone has advise, i have an iPhone 5..

why are overseas able to do when its same unit, same model act.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
Hey KiaSydBoy, welcome to the forum. I am also new here but I thought I would try to generate some buzz on your post.
I do not have a premium Nav unit. I have the standard unit and I am not able to see the track information on the screen when streaming Bluetooth audio. It only says "MP3 Audio"

I know this isn't the exact person you need to talk to but hopefully we can get some traffic flowing.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
Yeah it's hard to comment since you have such a different model than a lot of us users who are based in North America have. I am in Canada and I have the premium Navigation radio as well, and I can stream my songs to the unit via bluetooth and I believe it shows the track information. I will double check today on my way home, but I am almost certain it shows the information.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
840 Posts
I don't think it does, at least not when using my phone and Pandora or Youtube. I almost couldn't remember but then recalled when I listen to stand up comedy via Pandora, I have to look at the phone to see who the comedian is.

I have the premium nav audio shenanigans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey KiaSydBoy, welcome to the forum. I am also new here but I thought I would try to generate some buzz on your post.
I do not have a premium Nav unit. I have the standard unit and I am not able to see the track information on the screen when streaming Bluetooth audio. It only says "MP3 Audio"

I know this isn't the exact person you need to talk to but hopefully we can get some traffic flowing.
+1 to that. I've got the standard audio system on my Si and I just get "MP3 Audio" as well. Would be nice if it streamed info.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Track titles do not show using my iphone via bluetooth. It just says name of iphone. Only time it shows the track title is when I am palying mp3s stored in the USB flash drive.

·
Registered
2011 LX Sportage AWD Mineral/Silver; 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650
63 Posts
Junrider is correct. I use wireless Vizio headphones with Bluetooth when washing & waxing the car. Its cool. ;)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage Platinum Diesel
37 Posts
I have a 2012 platinum model with Sat Nav and all the fruit in Australia and it doesn't show the titles when streaming music via bluetooth. Personally not a biggy for me as I can see the tracks on my iphone 4 which as you know you can't do when it's plugged in via the cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts