Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 KIA Sedona LX, 2006 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GL
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the factory stereo have amp pre-outs? I haven't taken it out and was wondering if anyone has. I would like to add a sub to the system but only if it has a preout. I don't really want to change the factory deck if I don't have to.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
There are no factory preouts on the factory deck.

When I added an amp and sub, all I did was buy a high-to-low level converter. The converter changes high level speaker wires to low level preouts. This can tap into the harness at the amp under the driver's seat, if you have one.

If not, you'd have to tap into the wires behind the factory deck. I used the wires going to the rear speakers and, if there is a sound reduction, you can't tell.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just buy a new head unit with the outputs already on it. The factory radio can't compare to an aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
I didn't want to change mine out because then I'd lose the steering wheel controls, which my wife really likes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well then the converters are the only way to go but don't be surprised when you loose some sound quality. I've used them before which is why I replaced my head unit with something more powerful that included the outputs. Goodluck with whatever you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts