Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Kia Eastern Region.

I've got an important warning and gotcha from Kia.

Kia will not honor the 10/100 powertrain warranty unless you can prove that you have maintained the car under schedule 2 - Sever Maintenance. They will tell you this due to at least 2 of the items they list.

- Driving in areas where salt or other corrosive materials are being used.
- Driving for prolonged period in cold temperatures and/or extreme-ly humid climates.

Good luck finding somewhere in the continental United States where they can’t say either. Now the dealer service manager already told me that the salt one doesn't apply because it’s internal transmission damage. The word prolonged is defined as, “to lengthen in time”.

Too bad the transmission wasn't as prolonged as the clutch, etc.

Whose ever heard of a manual transmission failing on any car in the last 20 years? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
I've seen plenty manual trans fail. Driver error for the most part. Only one for Kia in the 3 years I've been with Kia.
So, have you done the required maintenance on your trans? I'm guessing not.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,970 Posts
I've seen plenty manual trans fail. Driver error for the most part. Only one for Kia in the 3 years I've been with Kia.
So, have you done the required maintenance on your trans? I'm guessing not.
+1 if you have done the required maintenance with proof it should have been no problem and the transmissions are pretty bullet proof as mentioned by cobra259.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
There is probably more to this story that the OP failed to disclose. I highly doubt they denied a claim based on those 2 items alone.

To the OP. How about some info?

What year and model?
How many miles?
Are the first/original owner?

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
Mark,
what maintenance is required on M/T? Pretty much none.
Some are life-filled, or may need oil change (not even flush) after 60k or 90k miles. Hence I do not see place for sever or normal use here.

Failure could be only due to abrupt shifts or internal damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts