Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so recently the engine in my 2012 Sorento basically blew up. there's a giant hole in the bottom of the engine, and it crapped out while my wife was driving on the highway. my local mechanic who I've been using for the past 18 years took a look at it and immediately knew that this was not caused by any external force. so... since its within 10 years, and it only has a little over 58,000 miles on it, it should be covered under the powertrain warranty, right? they're asking for documentation from my mechanic showing proof of inspections and regular oil changes, which we've always done over the past 7 and a half years we've had the Sorento. we've also had Kia do their regular recommended periodic service on the car for the warranty requirements... I hope everything goes smoothly. since we take care of our vehicle and its within the warranty period, I don't see any legitimate reason why they'd deny us . since I get my inspections and oil changes at my mechanic instead of my Kia dealership, that wouldn't be an issue, would it? I guess I'm just nervous, since I can't really afford to buy a new car right now.

has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with using the powertrain warranty?

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
718 Posts
so recently the engine in my 2012 Sorento basically blew up. there's a giant hole in the bottom of the engine, and it crapped out while my wife was driving on the highway. my local mechanic who I've been using for the past 18 years took a look at it and immediately knew that this was not caused by any external force. so... since its within 10 years, and it only has a little over 58,000 miles on it, it should be covered under the powertrain warranty, right? they're asking for documentation from my mechanic showing proof of inspections and regular oil changes, which we've always done over the past 7 and a half years we've had the Sorento. we've also had Kia do their regular recommended periodic service on the car for the warranty requirements... I hope everything goes smoothly. since we take care of our vehicle and its within the warranty period, I don't see any legitimate reason why they'd deny us . since I get my inspections and oil changes at my mechanic instead of my Kia dealership, that wouldn't be an issue, would it? I guess I'm just nervous, since I can't really afford to buy a new car right now.

has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with using the powertrain warranty?
I feel your pain.

As long as you have all the proper maintenance documentation (and it sounds like you do) then you should have no issues.

Regular maintenance does not have to be done at the dealership. You just need to keep all your receipts.

Good luck!

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts