Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, didn't see this addressed anywhere. 06 Sorento..my driver's side window motor needs replaced. To save some cash, I am wondering if the motors are interchangable front to back. I don't use the back window much, so can my mechanic just switch the 2? Kia says no, but they probably just wanna sell me a motor, and I'm not spending $170 on a motor 3 weeks before Christmas.....

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
401 Posts
I though my motor needed replacing when the windows suddenly stopped working.

I opened the door panel and cleaned off all dust and sand with WD40 inside the mechanism rails where the cross arms are supposed to move freely and smoothly (Red Arrows in the attached image). Then I put a generous amount of grease inside the rails.

Works perfectly now without changing the motor. 30 Minute job.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your make any noise as it tried to go up or down? Mine is totally silent, with no movement or noise whatsoever.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento EX
401 Posts
Did your make any noise as it tried to go up or down? Mine is totally silent, with no movement or noise whatsoever.
No noise whatsoever, just dead. I actually had to jack it up by force by pressing both hands again both side on the glass to close it at night.

Next day, I did the cleaning and greasing and all was well.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See, the thing that stinks about this whole thing, is that I need that window to go up and down for my job.It used to work if I banged on the door by the handle, but this morning that didn't even work. Nothing did.
I'd still like to know tho, if I can switch front to back, just in case the cleaning doesn't work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First I'd like to say that I like Sorento 06. It has nice features:
comfortable ride, standard tech features, available third-row seat
I'd still like to know tho, if I can switch front to back, just in case the cleaning doesn't work.
well, I think that they are different from each other. If they are similar, of course, you can change from front to back.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,917 Posts
Looking at "Kia Parts" - Kia accessories below wholesale it seems for your $170 you get the whole "regulator" assembly pictured by Aref earlier. So I would guess they are not interchangeable and you cannot just get the "motor" as such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts