Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dark Cherry Sorento SX-V6 FWD
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my car inspection to get into my secure work place this morning I had to roll down my drivers side front and rear windows. The rear window rolled down about 8 inches and then stopped which I didnt think about. I got through the checkpoint and went to roll up my windows using the drivers door window controls and only the front window rolled up. The rear window was unresponsive.

I shut the car down and restarted just to make sure it was not a computer glitch and the rear window was still unresponsive. I tested the right windows and neither the front or rear window on that side is responsive from the driver door controls.

I tried the individual controls on the rear door and neither window is responsive from those controls either.

So my question is, obviously the drivers window is on a different circuit then the other windows. Is there a single fuse that would control the non-driver windows or is something else sounding amiss?

I have an appt at 4pm today at the dealer but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this before.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you check to see if you accidentally bumped the window lock?
I dont think I did, but doesnt the window lock just disable the non-driver panel controls for the windows? I.e the driver's control panel should operate all windows regardless of the window lock position. But something to check, thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX V6 AWD
16 Posts
it disables all other windows from being controlled even from the driver's panel. Not the way i like it to work but unfortunately it does work this way. A real pain when my kids are rolling down the windows when i want them up. I have to roll the windows up then quickly hit the lock button. because if i hit the lock button first i can't get the windows up :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gizmo1k you are a genius. I did have the window lock depressed (apparently hit it since it was 0-dark hundred when I got here to work) and when I disengaged it the rear window came right back up.

That is completely back-asswords of any other car I have ever driven. In those cars the drivers control panel ALWAYS worked no matter if the lock was engaged and only locked out children or people acting like children in the passenger seats.

Thank you for this valuable info and also a trip avoided to the dealer today.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
Discovered this same odd behavior after a few days with our new Sorento. Have to say that I simply don't understand the rationale for the design. It makes sense for the driver to prevent operation of other windows from the driver's seat but what on earth justifies blocking the driver's access to his/her own window?

On the brighter side, I also discovered that the Sorento does allow me to control the windows for a period of about 30-60 seconds after turning it completely off. After that time one must press the start/stop button to control them. Very handy compared to my previous vehicle.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX V6 AWD
16 Posts
unfortunately the kids have access to the windows for the same 30-60 seconds. which they think is really fun to unroll the windows right before i get out of the car which then disables the windows.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
unfortunately the kids have access to the windows for the same 30-60 seconds. which they think is really fun to unroll the windows right before i get out of the car which then disables the windows.
Clearly, you need a taser in addition to a window lock. :)

My kids used to fiddle with the windows too. I used the lack of "in flight movie" as a persuader to not do that.

Best,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts