Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the switch cluster on the drivers door is one of those things that commonly goes bad in the Sportys. I just checked with rockauto $139. The local salvage yard wants $100. and they go for a premimum on ebay.
I personally discovered these are very simple to fix if you have a little bit of patience. There are a LOT of little parts, each switch has 2 rocker type contactors that sit in small channels. it is common for these rockers to jump from their channel. The repair is just a matter of putting everything back in place and cleaning the contacts. Dont be intimidated. It only takes about ten minutes. Pry out the unit at the front, there is a retaining clip at the back. Disconnect power harness. Take to a work bench, dont try doing this in the drivers seat. Remove the small screws, Pry the tabs gently holding the unit above you, if you turn the unit over parts will spill out. Put everything where it is supposed to be, spray some contact cleaner in her and reassemble. Blammo! you just saved a hundred bucks! Good luck! JB.:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts