Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the power steering on my '52 Sedona 2.9 CRDi L.The steering has gone very heavy like there's no power steering.I've read some of the other threads about various symptons and the steering is heavy all the time regardless of temperature or speed.Is this likely to be the pump/belt?

My daily is an older car with no power steering so its not a problem for me but the wife is struggling.

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2.9LX 2003
83 Posts
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the power steering on my '52 Sedona 2.9 CRDi L.The steering has gone very heavy like there's no power steering.I've read some of the other threads about various symptons and the steering is heavy all the time regardless of temperature or speed.Is this likely to be the pump/belt?

My daily is an older car with no power steering so its not a problem for me but the wife is struggling.
How heavy? When my alternator packed up the power steering didnt work at all and it was pretty much impossible to even move the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cars driveable,thing is last week I had to go down a really bumpy lane and I was running late so was going a bit faster than I should and after that it felt a lot better?!?Maybe something to do with bushes in the steering arms?Will have a look at the weekend because I need to get it over a pit to look at the gearstick(see new thread).It'll be gone once I've sorted these thats for sure!

·
Banned
465 Posts
The cars driveable,thing is last week I had to go down a really bumpy lane and I was running late so was going a bit faster than I should and after that it felt a lot better?!?Maybe something to do with bushes in the steering arms?Will have a look at the weekend because I need to get it over a pit to look at the gearstick(see new thread).It'll be gone once I've sorted these thats for sure!
Why do you need a pit to look at the gearstick? I'm assuming you are on about your sedona here. if you remove the center console you will see the gear stick and the end of the cables connected to it remover the airfilter and you will see the other ends, its a cable set up on the Sedona

·
Registered
07sedona lx 2000 nubira 74 beetle 86 cbr1000 honda 93 harley lowrider 94 trooper 72 scimitar
483 Posts
a common steering problem is the uj at the bottom of the steering column wher it joins the rack. it starts to sieze, making the steering heavy and also not self centering after a turn.
if you peer in behind the drivers side wheel you will be able to see it, then give it a soaking with wd40 or similar, work it from side to side and soak again, once it frees off give it a splash of engine oil and away you go, just give it a coating of oil every now and then
ttfn glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts