Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that my 2012 3.5L power steering pulley is noticeably out of round. Anyone know what the acceptable tolerance is before delaer will replace under warranty?
Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
What part is out of round? Does the belt run true and just the lip of the pulley protrude on one side? Does the pulley wobble? I think it would only be replaced if the belt does not run true both radially and axially.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for reply KLS.
The pulley is out of round radially, both in the V and on the outer edges, so it is not simply a forge issue. Confirmed by holding a rod against the pulley in both places with the motor running. Axially it is fine. But in terms of rotating mass this cannot be good for bearing in pump nor belt adjuster.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
760 Posts
Sounds weird. This is not a good thing. At the speed it rotates, it could deteriorate very quickly. I would take it in quickly and drive it less or not at all until checked out. Don't over rev the engine.

Let us know what happens and post pics or videos if you can.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vehicle into dealer and they say don't worry about pulley being out of round....huh?
I questioned them on impact to the PS bearing and belt tension adjuster continually having to compensate especially given the RPM of the belt. They say don't worry about it, it is fine??? At least I have a work order as a record for when this thing detonates or causes other problems. Quite dissapointed in this dealership service to say the least!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts