Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new set of power steering pressures hoses. The inline pressure hose that goes to the power steering gear box includes a small green colored o ring that goes inside the nipple of the inline pressure hose to prevent leaking of the power steering fluid. In addition, there is a yellow colored thimble-type plastic that acts like a pushrod the o-ring inside the nipple of the inline pressure hose. Well, I lost that o-ring, and do I really need to have a replacement for it? Is it necessary to have an o-ring? Will the power steering fluid leak without an o-ring in place? Does the o-ring has a part number and where can I get it? Does auto stores carries a variety of shape and sizes of o-rings that will match exactly the type of o-ring that I had before?

I am enclosing the picture of the power steering pressure hose, o-ring and the yellow colored thimble (both are in the plastic bag as indicated) to show what I am writing about.

Any comments, advice and/or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,408 Posts
YES, you need to have the O ring or it will leak. The reason for the specific color of it is for rubber formulation compatible to "live" with the type oil the P/Steering uses. Have heard of some folks using a regular (black) O ring in a pinch. I would try "saving" the one off the original line if possible.

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mia Kia, thank you for your comments. Both the new and old o rings are missing and I looked for and can't find them anywhere. Yes, I agreed with you that I definitely needs the o ring. I will go out to an auto parts store and find out if the store has the o ring that is specific in size. By the way, would anyone know if there is a part number for this o ring?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts