Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Rondo 2008 LX V6 119kmiles, 3rd owner, White, 5 seats
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The level of oil if getting low. From the owner manual, I need PSF-4 Power Steering Oil but a lot of brand (I went to an autozone) do not provide any information. I bought a bottle from Penzoil which is recommended for most of foreign vehicles beside Honda and Acura.

I am not sure if it is a good idea to use it. Where did you find your PS fluid? Do I need to go to the dealership?

Thanks!

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
As far as I know PSF-4 (green) is ONLY available at the dealership. I believe it costs about $25/quart. I have never seen it or found it at an auto parts store. Same goes for SPIII transmission fluid.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Is it legal to ship chemicals in the mail?

·
Registered
Rondo 2008 LX V6 119kmiles, 3rd owner, White, 5 seats
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is, but not using regular USPS mail. You need a delivery service and packaging that meets DOT regulations depending on the chemical (toxic and/or flammable) you want to send. But obviously, highly hazardous substances cannot be shipped via air mail and to a personal address.

·
Registered
Current: 2007 Kia Rondo LX I4. Former: 2006 Kia Spectra5
226 Posts
Not true, engine oils do not have a low enough flashpoint to be considered dangerous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts