Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2010 Model, 2.2 CRDi 4WD, 7 seater Diesel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

I seem to be having another issue with my 2010 mk2 kia sorento 4x4 2.2 diesel I started driving it today and the power steering doesn't feel as soft, from time to time it gets heavy or hooks and locks up for about a second or 2 when turning
when I got home you could smell rubber burning so I felt the pump it feels cool but the pully and the belt you will burn your hand on it so its almost as if its sizing or something but its spinning when looking at it and doesn't make a noise
I've checked the fluid on the pumps bottle and its full.
can this just be a bearing or will the entire pump needs to be replaced or is it another issue I must look at

thanks for the help
albert

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,455 Posts
Is it a serpentine belt that runs all the pulleys or an individual belt that runs the power steering? If individual it could be loose.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2010 Model, 2.2 CRDi 4WD, 7 seater Diesel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a serpentine belt that runs all the pulleys or an individual belt that runs the power steering? If individual it could be loose.
hi thanks for the reply

it looks like a single belt that runs all pulleys so might be the serpentine belt it looks pretty tight will have to try again when not so hot in the morning when its cold.

at one point on way home I thought the belt almost hooked off as it jerked while turning.

not sure if it has a bearing that could be sizing or the pump as its not making any noise its quiet even when starting in the cold

regards
albert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts