Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have never had an issue like this before that I haven't been able to solve. It has done similar things, but I have always been able to get it to work. What it's doing is two main things. When the door is closed, and I initiate it, it will open about half-way and just STOP. I have to press the switch to get it the rest of the way open. Once open, I push the button to try to close it, and it starts to close, moves about and inch, stops, and beeps three times. Once closed, it tried to continue closing itself, pulls the door in really tight, and makes a grinding noise. I have tried disconnecting the battery to clear its memory, I have tried every procedure I can find and nothing is working! I am leaving on a huge trip tomorrow - PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
Try pulling out the shunt fuse for 30 seconds, then re-install it. Turn the door power switch off in the overhead console and open and close the door manually 3 times. Turn the power back on and power open and close the door and check its operation. If it is still acting up, it could be a bad hall effect switch in the motor assembly causing the module to think it is full open when obviuosly it isn't.

For the overrun when closing. There was TSB about replacing both sliding door modules for that exact concern, and also for the door re-opening about 6 inches before closed. The TSB applies to your 06. Sometimes an adjustment can be done to the door that will also correct the issue. It isn't hard to do but is difficult to describe without demonstating.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, will try that!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link to the thread? How expensive is the fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts