Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX 2.0L FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

The power outlet #3 (in the rear) does not have power. The fuse is fine, to assure it is not playing tricks on me, I swapped it with one of the other 2 ones (outlet #1/#2), they both still work (if ignition is on), but #3 remains dead. I even tried it with the engine running.

Everything else is working fine. There are no apparent signs of someone molesting either the fuse box or the rear outlet. The owner's manual does not give any valuable information, it does not even state that the ignition has to be on before the outlets are being powered, there is no mentioning of a switch. Never seen a switch for a power outlet, but you never know.

Did anybody experience this too and maybe have a solution?

I will take out the outlet this weekend and check the wiring to it, just to make sure power is there. Maybe it is just a bad outlet (wishful thinking).

Thank you!

Automotive lighting Light Product Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2016 Sedona LX 118k miles, 2003 Mazda Protege5 229k miles
88 Posts
mine behaves the same as the others, only on with key on. That outlet is pretty easy to remove too, I will add, I had mine out to directly plug in an iceless cooler on vacay using two male spade connectors because it melts the socket if I plug in to the outlet. The online service manual is down right now otherwise i'd look there. if you have a test light see if the fuse is getting power by probing on the top of the fuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts