Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power locks start constantly unlocking and locking when I get close to the car with the key fob. The fob won’t lock or unlock it, but I just wait until it’s on unlock cycle to get in. Once I get in it, I hear a high pitch beep until I start it. Meanwhile the locks are still cycling. The beeping sounds kind of like when you get out of car while it’s running. It stops once I start it. The locks lock when I put it in gear. Turn it off and the beeping starts, I get out and shut the door it starts locking and unlocking. I have to walk out of range with the key fob, put it down, go back to the car and manually lock it with the lock button in the car. Does the same thing with both of my fobs that have new batteries in them. I had to have the sensor on the drivers door replaced while it was under warranty. It’s not u see warranty anymore. I took it to the dealer to see if they could scan with the gds scanner and they said all of their techs are booked for the next two weeks: I went ahead and ordered a gds scanner but it won’t be here for another week. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX
120 Posts
I don't think this problem has shown up on the board in the past. I have a few guesses about what might be going on. Obvious would be problem with the body control module. I do wonder if there might be a short in one of the outside door handle buttons. The vehicle thinks the button is constantly being pressed. You might want to get the fob out of range and see if the switches give any tactile response to presses, Maybe blast some compressed air in around the edges. Beyond that, wonder if they could have pinched a wire when the sensor was replaced and it just wore through the insulation. Final thought would be if you have a remote start or add on alarm that might be malfunctioning. Would also try disconnecting the vehicle battery for about ten minutes to see if anything resets. Until the situation is resolved, you could take the battery out of the remote, use the emergency key to unlock the vehicle and press the start button with the fob next to it. As in procedure for dead fob battery. Good luck, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think this problem has shown up on the board in the past. I have a few guesses about what might be going on. Obvious would be problem with the body control module. I do wonder if there might be a short in one of the outside door handle buttons. The vehicle thinks the button is constantly being pressed. You might want to get the fob out of range and see if the switches give any tactile response to presses, Maybe blast some compressed air in around the edges. Beyond that, wonder if they could have pinched a wire when the sensor was replaced and it just wore through the insulation. Final thought would be if you have a remote start or add on alarm that might be malfunctioning. Would also try disconnecting the vehicle battery for about ten minutes to see if anything resets. Until the situation is resolved, you could take the battery out of the remote, use the emergency key to unlock the vehicle and press the start button with the fob next to it. As in procedure for dead fob battery. Good luck, let us know what happens.
Crazy thing it stopped acting up today and is working normal again. I ordered a GDS scanner and it will be in next week. I’ll run some test on it and see if I can see what’s causing it to malfunction.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the GDS scanner and one of the 7 cd's and a file on another cd that was sent with the scanner are corrupt. I contacted the company and they are closed until after the 30th, so I'm in limbo right now waiting for readable files.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.