Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a problem where the drivers door would not unlock with remote but all the other would unlock and the the lock button on drivers door did not work. After the 5th time to the dealer they finally fixed it The tech at the dealer told me they have not had this problem before.Before they fixed it my locks would automatically lock around 20 kms/hr and unlock when I shut the car off. Since fixing my door the locks now do not lock once the car is in motion and the dealer is saying that this is not available on the soul and have no clue why my soul would do that. The service manager is telling me that he has driven 2011 2012 and the only one he knows that has this is the 2013. does any other soul owners have power locks that lock once the car is in motion and then unlock when you shut it off. thank you if you could et me know:confused:

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
I haven't heard that the Soul has auto lock in motion. I have a 2012 and it auto locks when I put it in drive and auto unlocks when I put it in park - works great for me. I thought this feature was not on earlier models, but could be wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I ask what the dealer did to fix this? Mine is doing the same thing. It is a 2011 soul ! And it also does auto lock/unlock based on driving. I am wanting to fix the locking problem and not worried about the other.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Vanilla Soul Shaker 1.6 crdi Auto 2013
1,496 Posts
To confirm the 2013 Mk 1 Soul with folding mirrors and reversing camera has locks operating at 10+ mph, cannot vouch for older models but a lot of new equipment was added mid 2012.
Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power lock problem 2011

Hi,

My car is having the exact same problem you had with your Soul - the car locking and unlocking upon acceleration and shutting off.

You said the dealer fixed. May I ask how they fixed it?

Myday

·
Registered
Gen 1 Vanilla Soul Shaker 1.6 crdi Auto 2013
1,496 Posts
Uk European and possibly others auto lock when car is being driven and do not release till Park selected the system activates about 10 mph. 15 Km/h
In the handbook it is called SPEED SENSING DOOR LOCK SYSTEM chpt 4 P17 states if fitted.
The hand books are international mine is 2012 onwards.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts