Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !
I live in Sweden, and I am really pleased with this small car.
And I was even more pleased to find a forum for it, very nice !
I am about to install an amplifier in the trunk of my Picanto EX 1.1 autmatic, air condition.
I have choosen a Rockford Fosgate p4004 that I intend to put on the right "2/3" of the backseat. It will feed the front door speakers (LX audio 5.25 coax) , and a small but capable subwoofer (MDS X-MAX Fanatic 1.10 XM).
My amp are to be fed by a 25mm2 cable directly from the battery.
The cable is 12mm in diameter.
My question is - does anyone know of any "spare" hole in the wall behind the engine that I can use for pulling the cable through there ?
If I need to drill that hole (hope not..), where is the best place to do so..?
I have seen a few amp installations among all the nice pics of different Picantos
here, so that is why I ask.
How did you do it ?
Thanks !

/Caliban

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don need to drill holes. I do not know the exact place to pass through the wire to battery, coz my sound system was done by the accessory guy. He didn't drill any hole. I only knew he bend down inside and found a hole through. But with some difficulty he managed to get the wire pass through. U have to look around to find out. I just want to let you know u don't need to drill a hole for that purpose. Sorry, can't help you much. Mayb some expert can enlighten you.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
179 Posts
HI

There is an hole in in the driver side. You take the plastic shield there is sitting over the front wheel, in there is an hole in to the cabin. if you need some more details just send me an message.

best regards

stefan

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
18 Posts
easy bro, from the bat put it straight down towards the tires unscrew your plastic flairings you will see a hole there with other wires going through. just have to push the wire through there and pull it out on the other side /driver side/ near the clutch! gudluck! :amen:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all !
I have fixed it, it took me a few hours to complete the installation, but it was worth it :liebe011: !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts