Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX AWD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I own a 2011 Canadian Edition Sportage EX that does not have power folding mirrors and non push start. They were not a option in 2011. I have obtained the mirrors and inside driver side switch panel with the power folding button at low cost new. Is there any one out there that has done a retro fit from standard mirrors to power. The standard mirrors have a 7 wire harness and 7 pins. 2 black wires,white pink,green and blue wire with a black stripe. The power mirrors have 9 pins ( 9 wire harness ) Obviously the 2 extra pins are for the folding option. I partially pulled a power mirror apart and there is also an additional white and blue wire internally.
What I would like to know if anyone has switched to power mirrors and if any one has a wiring diagram. What would be the best way to wire the power mirrors or are there 9 wire harnesses available that I could replace the 7 wire without having get excessive with changing out wire. Or is it possible to add the additional wires to the wire harness that is there now. I have a service cd but it does not have a wiring diagram showing the folding mirrors.
Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I had a local auto security shop tackle the installation for me. Apparently it was a matter of running two extra wires (power and ground) from the switch panel to both of the mirrors. I provided them pertinent the wiring diagrams from KIATechInfo.com to help them with the installation and they figured out the rest. Later, I also had them add the relay that worked with the Smart Key that automatically folded and unfolded the mirrors too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts