Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Apologies for raising this but despite a forum search I cant quiet find anything similar. OK about two weeks ago the power sliding door (behind drivers seat UK car) started to play up. At first it seemed to be the 'latch' for want of a better explanation would not relese so that when open you could see the motor straining but a catch on the bottom slider would not automatically relese. You could relese it by holding the door handle open as we did. Now we have lost all power to the door with no motor on chimeing from the door. Any ideas as to where to start with checks, I have swapped the two large square fuses in the rear fuse box but there all OK.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
Hi, Apologies for raising this but despite a forum search I cant quiet find anything similar. OK about two weeks ago the power sliding door (behind drivers seat UK car) started to play up. At first it seemed to be the 'latch' for want of a better explanation would not relese so that when open you could see the motor straining but a catch on the bottom slider would not automatically relese. You could relese it by holding the door handle open as we did. Now we have lost all power to the door with no motor on chimeing from the door. Any ideas as to where to start with checks, I have swapped the two large square fuses in the rear fuse box but there all OK.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
Here in the US, the Sedona power sliding door suffer a similar issue. The power sliding door lock actuator motor gets worn and does not rotate far enough to release the latching mechanism. I don't know if you see the same issue in the UK, but its a suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts