Kia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,519 Posts
Try buying them and installing them after the fact. THAT will cost you.
And as I said to the OP, "Make sure you're getting the options that are actually important to you". I didn't suggest he have them toss in an Iridium satellite car phone.
Yes, we really did have someone here who wanted to install his own power lift gate on an LX. In fact, it's surprising how many threads we've had here from folks who aren't happy that they didn't get a this or that, and are trying to figure out how to deal with it after the fact.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX, 2017 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost, 2001 Ford Ranger 4.0, 2000 BMW Z3 2.3
87 Posts
Get one with some warranty. We bought ours with about a year and 28k miles left. Spent numerous trips so far getting things repaired like the water pump, radio, and horn. Check the TSBs because we have also seemed to hit every one. Have had the steering logic updated for the "sticky" steering as well. This winter (happens most when it is cold) will tell if it fixed or whether a new steering rack is needed.

Also, don't hesitate to get a pre-purchase inspection. Ours was a one-owner with no accidents on the Carfax and was super clean. A closer inspection later showed there had been some body repairs. Maybe not an accident but some kind of damage. Normally I ask to take a car home for the night so we can drive it and really inspect it. I got lazy this time and I regret that somewhat.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima FE 2.4L
33 Posts
girlfriends 18 1.4 FE optima purchased a year or so ago from a local used car dealer had a few years left on the warranty. BUT nothing was ever needed. a great car for the $$$ + first thing i did was dump the 5-20 oil change recently done for a good 10-30 fake synthetic + 2 oil changes later it uses NO oil, very pleased with this basic but nicely optioned car, only thing missed is the CD player, HELLO kia we need a CD player + todays radio content STINKS + although XM is great its an ongoing cost

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL AWD
182 Posts
No CD player but no USB port either? I wanted a CD player (phased out) on my 2019 SXL Sorento but luckily got a USB instead, so old me ripped 60+ CDs to my PC and from there to an 8gb USB and don't have to lug CDs to the car anymore. This way I could delete songs I didn't want from the PC copies before copying to the USB.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
573 Posts
Is fake synthetic oil the same as real oil?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX AWD V6
51 Posts
simply. if you can afford new do it, its the only way to get the LOOONG warranty
You can get CPO also, same warranty.

If you shop around you can find them for decent pricing. I bought my 2017 CPO from a Kia Dealer about 100 miles from me 2 years ago. They were CPOing them while my local dealer was not (well, not for a CPO "upcharge" that the other dealer wasn't doing) (They all came from the same Fleet Auction, all had about 20-22K on them, and same equipment). Since mine was only in service for 8 months, I have a ton of warranty left on it. Full5/60 and 10/100 Factory warranty in effect as a KIA CPO.

But you can get Used CPO and still have a lot of warranty.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts