Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.

I like this model of sidesteps : Is it easy to install ? Is it a good quality product ?Where did you buy it ? Did you get a good price ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pictures.

I like this model of sidesteps : Is it easy to install ? Is it a good quality product ?Where did you buy it ? Did you get a good price ?

Thanks.
I ordered from oemkiasuperstore.com for $389.98 total including shipping. Received order in about a week and took me around 2 hours to install with no help. Now I need the rear bumper protector to match side steps, the one I currently have is plain black.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
27 Posts
My Sorento came with the same sidestep when purchased. They look nice, but awkward when getting out of the car. They can get your pant legs dirty when getting out of the car, so don't wear light colored pants. Car is too low to use to get in or out. Maybe help from getting a few door dings though. They do look nice

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
Canadian SX pics

These are quarter pics of my silver SX Sorento. Note that the Cdn SX and the U.S. SS and SXL do not have the black lower sides. This is the main difference for the 2014 models vs the LX variants unlike 2013 where the SX versions had a different front end and fog lights than the LX versions.
I believe for 2014 that silver is not an available color for U.S. SXL models.
The Canadian SX and U.S. SXL are pretty much comparable visually except for the SXL having nappa leather seats; not available in Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
I think I will wash mine tomorrow and then take some pictures... I wanted dark gray, but none were coming to western Canada and only one silver was coming to all of western Canada and was already spoken for... so I took black even though I swore I would never take another black vehicle. Oh well. It looks pretty for now I guess.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
I think I will wash mine tomorrow and then take some pictures... I wanted dark gray, but none were coming to western Canada and only one silver was coming to all of western Canada and was already spoken for... so I took black even though I swore I would never take another black vehicle. Oh well. It looks pretty for now I guess.
I wanted the same color (dark grey like my 2011) but none were coming to eastern Canada neither so I chose white (I swear no black car because it is nice but so difficult to keep clean and nice).

·
Registered
427 Posts
I wanted dark grey too (titanium silver), but there weren't any without the 3rd row seat coming to Colorado, so I ordered one. Now I'm stuck waiting til the end of May for it to arrive...feels like an eternity!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I wanted dark grey too (titanium silver), but there weren't any without the 3rd row seat coming to Colorado, so I ordered one. Now I'm stuck waiting til the end of May for it to arrive...feels like an eternity!
Pretty lucky since it was 6 months to wait here in eastern Canada. At least this is what the dealer told me... But what the dealer tells is often far from the truth.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We had really wanted the cherry colour but is only available in the LX in Canada and SX in the U.S., but not the SXL. Only SX's in dealer inventory were white and black. We were told 3 months wait for titanium (Dark silver/grey); ended up with a silver that the dealer owner had been using himself for a week.
I have wondered why colour options get reduced as model levels/prices increase. I assume it is because fewer are sold so limit to the more popular colours. Black and white seem "unfortunately" to be two of the most popular colours for cars.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Honestly, I see no rational reason for limiting colors on higher trim levels. Most brands seem to do it. Why would you force the people spending the most money to compromise on a color they don't want?! Seems completely stupid to me. Luckily, the titanium silver was my first choice of all the colors...although the dark cherry is a close second.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The "rational" reason appears to be "economics". Far fewer SX's will be sold than LX's and in U.S. fewer SXL's than SX's. So the fewer of a given model sold, the fewer the number of colors. Colors chosen will be what the marketers view as being the most popular. And of course you do see more black and white cross over vehicles on the road than red. The U.S. SX line has 6 colors where as the Canadian only has 4 (no red or cherry, which would have been my choices). Obviously far more U.S. SX models will be sold than Canadian SX's. The U.S. SXL drops to 3 colors, one less than the Canadian SX (no silver in U.S. SXL), but silver is a popular color in Canada as tends to hide winter grime better than other colours. (We spell colour in Canada with a "u" in the spelling).
Also the Canadian SX is more like the U.S. SXL than SX, difference being no nappa leather
So this appears to be a case where economics trumps "customer".
I really wonder how much difference color makes since all vehicles are made on the same assembly line and through the same paint shop in West Point, Georgia. But obviously the accountants think it does.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX / 2013 Chevy Equinox LT2
42 Posts
Is that 15% on just the front windows, or also on the factory tinted rears? Looks good. I'm still waiting on my titanium SXL :-(
Yes, I tinted every window.. I used to only tint the front (driver/passenger) and to match the others, but didnt on this car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts