Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX AWD
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has the standard AM/FM/CD/Sirius head unit (no Navi).

Wouldn't think it would that hard, but just wondered if it was possible at all. Don't care if the backup camera doesn't display on it as that's already in the rear-view mirror.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
I'm inclined to think it won't be simple based on all the "little differences" we're hearing about as people look for aftermarket harnesses/speakers/etc.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX AWD
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm inclined to think it won't be simple based on all the "little differences" we're hearing about as people look for aftermarket harnesses/speakers/etc.
True, but I doubt the power/speaker/aux lines are wired any different on the UVO unit, it wouldn't make sense to do that. One would think they use the exact same plug since there's no real difference in the inputs/outputs between the standard stereo and the UVO. They both have Bluetooth, Sirius, iPod, etc.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I'm thinking it could possibly work. The only thing I see not working properly would be the backup camera. Thats not even that big of a deal since it's already in the mirror anyways.

The only way to find out would be to look at the inputs on the back of the standard radio and the UVO unit. I would be interested if the price is right.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX 4T GDI
20 Posts
I too would like to replace my standard radio with the UVO. It does stand to reason that there should not be that much difference but there is. I went to the KGIS web site and looked up the wiring diagram of the 2 radio units (Standard & UVO). Power and many other inputs are on different pin numbers and plug numbers. The only way to do it would be with a manufactured adapter harness made especially for that change-over. Thats the way that Alpine,Sony,Pioneer, etc aftermarket do it. Now we have to see if KIA makes a adapter harness for our purpose. I suspect not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts