Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some front seat covers that require you to temporarily remove the headrests so you can slip the covers over the top. I tried to remove the headrests but one of the bars that goes doen into the seat seems to have a cable or something attacted to it to prevent them from being pulled all the way out. Am I out of luck or is there a way to get them all the way out?

Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
I have not yet tried to take them out of my seat yet

but on most vehicles, you just hold the little switch by the head rest support base, and that lets you release the head rest completely from the seat

·
Registered
2013 Sorento ex luxury, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV
82 Posts
The dealer got mine off in order to bend the 2 bars that go into the seat. This was done to move my wife's headrest back about 1" my wife likes her seat very upright and the head rest would then push on the back of her head. The cable I believe is for the active headrest feature, I would let the dealer do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not yet tried to take them out of my seat yet

but on most vehicles, you just hold the little switch by the head rest support base, and that lets you release the head rest completely from the seat
Tried that but there is something ( a cable or something) attached to the bottom of one of the posts which wont allow you to pull it all the way out even with botton slid in...

·
Registered
Will Be Buying a Sorento, 2011 Honda Ridgeline RT, 2003 Mazda Tribute
8 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts