Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post here ! I have a 2006 5 speed LX that I have owned since new. I have never owned a car for 7 consecutive years, but this truck seems to be bullet proof. Going on 175K KMs (110K Miles) without any major issues. Always kept up the maintenance. I plan on passing this one onto my son. I'm not bad with a wrench, so from here on out, ill be doing most of the maintenance myself.

A recent issue that has come up is the rear wiper, which seems to be possessed. It simply does not shut off. For now I pulled the fuse. I am assuming it is an electrical issue, which is not my strong suit. Wondering if I can get some direction on where to start ? at the stalk, wiper motor ? any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
The wipers on mine would get weird, where they would either not shut off (even with the truck off), or they would only work on "high" mode. I would jiggle the wiper switch and see if that helps. You may need to replace the stalk assembly. Oddly enough, mine stopped acting up when I replaced the alternator thinking the 13v while idling was a little low and causing problems. I can't say if it's because I had the battery out allowing the onboard computers to reset, or if there was some weird voltage issue, or if it was just a fluke that it's working properly now...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks, great place to start. I appreciate the help from you both.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 06 had the same issue. Only 3 years into warranty. Serviced under warranty by Williams KIA Traverse City. They replaced the wiring harness in the rear hatch and we have had no problems since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts