Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2013 sorento a couple of days ago and there is a distinct popping noise coming from the rear of the seat....even if you press on the seat with your hand you can hear and feel it..ive look under the seat and cant find where the noise is coming form...any ideas?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
i wish i could help. i am in a similar boat. my seat makes a clunky noise when i accelerate or break fairly hard. the clunk sounds like when you would move a manually adjusted seat and then later come to a hard stop. sometimes if you didn't push/pull fully forward/backward when you were adjusting the seat, it never gets to the next notch. then when you stop or accelerate hard, the seat pops into place, and there's a clunk kinda noise. there is definitely some play in my seat. i had someone stick there head down near the floor at the front of the seat while i manually jiggled the base of the seat back and forth. he said he noticed that the rail connected to the seat is moving side to side inside the rail connected to the floor. i'm anxious to hear what the dealer has to say when i ask them to fix it. something tells me i'm gonna get, "they all do that."

does your popping noise sound like a spring pop/boing? how loud is it? my guess is that there is something wrong inside your bottom seat cushion. please let us know how you fix it, if you get it fixed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
.HEF, I think cooper is having the problem I have, not the rail issue you are having. I had the same exact issue in my brand new cloth seat sorento in only 1500 miles, where when I press the rear part of the bottom seat, it would make popping and/or crunching noises.it also got annoying when driving because every time the car would go up and down over roads, the seat bottom would make these noises also plus you could feel the movements. So I took it to the dealer and they changed the whole bottom seat portion.the seat comes in two parts, the back and the bottom. Needless to say, in only 1000 miles, I can start hearing a similar nose, but it's not that pronounced yet. I will keep an eye on it. Any other folks having the same issue on their sorentos?

BTW Copper, that noise comes from the support metal wires under the seat cushion.if you look under the seat, you will see the wires running across, and if you try to pull on one of them, you will feel a little hesitation and hear a noise, as if they need a little lubrication. This is what is making those noises.

·
Registered
Sorento LX 2013 V6 AWD
10 Posts
Hey mike3017!

I had my 2013 Sorento two weeks ago. And YES I am hearing and experiencing the same noises.

Furthermore, my seat (driving) is slightly off axe, I mean, not totally 90 degrees from the steering.

And the worst, is that the right cushion (support on each side of the seat) does not have the same orientation as the left side one and give the impression that the seat is misaligned (my right torso is more supported o the right side than the left side).
(Anyone else have the same perception?)

They told me that maybe is just that I'm used to my old car, but my colleague also just bought a 2012 Sorento, and the seat is perfectly aligned !?! I will go back to tell them.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX
26 Posts
I am having a similar problem with my 2014 cloth seat. I only have 600 miles on the vehicle and it just started making the noise. There is no noise in the passenger seat, just the drivers seat. I tried to adjust the seat various ways and can not get rid of the noise. Anybody have any recommendations?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts