Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice welcomed ...

Monday: Kia Sedona diagnosed by RAC with battery cell fault. Battery red hot, told to take straight to garage where it was booked in for service on Tuesday (next day).

Tuesday: Battery cell fault confirmed. New battery ordered.

Wednesday: no call from garage.

Thursday: Garage contacted at 5:00pm - no information available as service department packed in for the day.

Friday: Garage contacted: still awaiting delivery of battery. Could not confirm a lead time for delivery or when Kia would be ready.

I'm not sure about lead times, etc., but does anyone find this an acceptable length of time to wait for a replacement battery? Does the customer have a 'case' to compalin? Perhaps this 'wait time' is acceptable? What do you think?

Fiona

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
p.s. Things I should have also mentioned ...

Car is under warranty.
Customer rang up Kwik-Fit and Halfords - both had batteries sitting on the shelf and both for under £60.
Customer also rang up three Car Parts Factors who do not stock but who could all get a replacement battery the next working day!

·
Registered
391 Posts
perhaps the battery fault has been caused by another problem. someone else mentioned about their battery exploding.

why not ask them to take a battery out of one of their showroom cars until your replacement battery arrives. when my Air Flow meter was replaced they just took the part of one in the showroom.

I assume they have given you a courtesy car.?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No courtesy car.

Update: Kia dealership uses Citroen garage for services/warranty work.
After a little hissy fit, customer telephoned and spoke to a Kia Salesman. He suggested and did take the battery out of a showroom sedona. Car was returned to customer today. Interestingly, the battery 'on order' did not turn up.
Again, great service from the Kia Dealership .... poor St Michael from the Citroen garage who were meant to be providing the service/warranty work.

Customer sending complaint letter to Ctiroen Garage about poor service.
Hats off to the Kia Dealership :clap:

Fiona

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
What a strange setup???????
Batteries should be a stock item, no excuses there!
Even so should be able to VOR one for next day if ordered before 5pm.

Although Kia have just changed thier parts supply distribution, and it is a complete nightmare...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply Murphwiz.

As you say, most garages/factors, etc., work on next day delivery for those kind of parts and it should be no different for a major, well known, garage. Worse case scenario ... if there had of been a lead time issue from date of delivery of the part, the garage should have communicated this to the customer (in my opinion) so that the customer could have organised alternative transport, etc., and whom I think would have been better satisfied knowing what was going on.

I hope it's better next time for the customer, although they are probably hoping there isn't a next time!

Thanks again :57:

Fiona

1 - 6 of 6 Posts