Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the cold weather isn't helping but lately I have got worse mpg then before. It seems the computer was telling me 19 avg before but now I am down to around 15. it wasn't this bad last winter. Any ideas what could cause a major dip?

V6 2wd with 53,000 miles

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
74 Posts
Do you have a Check Engine Light (CEL)? A drop in MPG is often an indicator of fuel trim problems; either an O2 sensor or the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAFS) failing. Most auto parts stores will read codes for free. There can be a code stored that has not reached the CEL point yet. You should still be under warranty so I would give the dealer a chance to identify the problem.

·
Registered
2009 borrego
15 Posts
You're better off than me, I just filled up my V6 this A.M. and M.P.G. is 14.44 here in Fl. 17K on the car and has been serviced by Kia since bought. There is no ck eng. lite on and haven't had any problem with it, but 14.5 m.P.G.. is weak.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
I drive my V8 a lot and average about 18-19 mpg in mixed driving. On a long trip about 22-23 if I drive it conservatively.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego ex v8, 2010 Kia sportage ex v6 both 4wd.
16 Posts
I have two ex v8's 4wd. Both average 13mpg. in winter. Summer about 14.5 We live
in MN where its cold in winter. Many mornings we start and let the run for 10 min though.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I have..

I have the V6 also Z(4x4, 46k miles) and get about 17.4 mixed driving here in Atlanta. I get about 21 on the hwy if I stay under 75mph. I do run mobil one syn, but I don't think it helps that much with mileage. I think that my foot is relatively unleaded affects the mileage more than anything.

·
Registered
2009 borrego
15 Posts
Up date, my wife took a 200 mile road trip on interstate and when she got home I went and filled the tank up and she avg. 22.44 M.P.G. I guess the 14 M.P.G. is for running around town at 30-35 M.P.H.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a silverodo and keep a close eye on mileage, my wife drives a mix of city and highway with her Borrego, she noticed a drop in mileage too, but so did I, we don't fuel at same places!!! My milage has gone back up to "normal", a lot plays into fuel mileage, I wouldn't fret over a drop for a tank or two, maybe a month of bad mileage, then start looking into it!!! milage always suffers in the winter because of the additives added to fuels, esp here in the north!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts