Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced poor quality service at the dealership? I’ve had so many issues that I am going to take my Sorento to another dealership further away.
1. Oil change - they left 8 bolts out of the lower splash pan and had the gall to tell me there were only 7 or 8 bolts in it from the factory. There are 17.
2. Oil change and warranty repair on passengers headlight - left 4 bolts out of lower splash pan. I was told these were really cheaply made and would back out on their own.
3. passengers headlight out of adjustment after replacement. Also replace missing bolts in splash pan - still left 2 bolts out of splash pan. Notice damage to the splash pan due to pulling it down to access oil change.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX V6 AWD, 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, 2002 Honda S2000
121 Posts
That's fresh. Noticed the "factory screwed it up" by failing to install correct number of bolts and they'd just leave it at that?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,423 Posts
Find a good local shop to perform your mundane maintenance items like oil, filter, cabin filter, tire rotation, brake jobs, coolant flush, wiper replacement, spark plug R&R, and brake fluid flush. Keep all receipts and paperwork in a file you created when you got the vehicle!

Use another dealership for major warranty items and issues..... If your out of warranty due to mileage or years why go to the dealership? They charge way too much and they are not necessarily better mechanics!

Reactions: missoulamarinerfan

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's fresh. Noticed the "factory screwed it up" by failing to install correct number of bolts and they'd just leave it at that?
Funny thing is, when they left the 8 out, I ran over 1 puncturing the drivers front tire. I think they were all there from Kia, but couldn’t swear to it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Find a good local shop to perform your mundane maintenance items like oil, filter, cabin filter, tire rotation, brake jobs, coolant flush, wiper replacement, spark plug R&R, and brake fluid flush. Keep all receipts and paperwork in a file you created when you got the vehicle!

Use another dealership for major warranty items and issues..... If your out of warranty due to mileage or years why go to the dealership? They charge way too much and they are not necessarily better mechanics!
I have 31000 miles on it at this time. I don’t really have a shop I trust in the small town I live in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts