Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Accent
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering the Rio Sedan and had some questions on rims/tires - Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, but I didn't seem them.

Ideally, I'd like to get an SX with the beige interior, but Kia doesn't sell them that way.

I'm considering an EX Convenience - but I'd prefer machined alloy or polished alloy wheels over painted alloys.

I really like the LOOK of the SX wheels and could purchase those for it, but I didn't like the ride of the 17's (compared to the 15's) when I test drove one and there aren't a lot of tire choices in that size.

I like the look of TireRacks SportTuning T6's, but they only come in 16-inch and larger sizes.

(Actually, they DO come in 15-inch sizes, but TireRack said the offset and center bore wouldn't work on the Rio).

First question - Does anyone know of an inexpensive polished alloy 15-inch rim that will fit the Rio? I think this Acura wheel will fit, but it's about the same price as the Kia Rim - and I'm not crazy about having an Acura logo on the rim (although it is better than some of the options). (But TireRack said OEM Acura wheels won't work on it also).

Second question - If I went with the T6's, TireRack recommends 195/55R16's, but I'd rather go with 205/55R16's. Has anyone used these or have any reason that they wouldn't work. (I know they are about a 1/2-inch taller than the stock tires.)

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio MT
4 Posts
I know this is old but, you shouldn't have any issue with those Acura wheels, and from what I remember, you should just be able to pop out the center caps, and find some kia ones to replace them... I think...

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Actually you should probably call your dealer ! ... I spoke to my service department and they said they order aftermarket summer and winter rims for people all the time because they're half the cost. If yours does that too i'm sure they will at least offer a few different rims in the 15"

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
Oh boy have I not been on these forums for awhile.

I'm looking to buy some new summer wheels as well was looking at these for a long time

MOTEGI RACING MR121 Matte Grey

I heard there were some caliper sizing problems with some aftermarket rims. Have people had any problems with this

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Accent
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Mitskuni - TireRack says those should fit (they seem to research this pretty well as they said the rims I was interested in would NOT fit.)

Thinking about it more, I don't think I'd want to deal with spacers and I'd probably just change tire sizes to 16's after the stock tires wore out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ah I see fair enough. I already have tires though so I have to buy 15''s plus I like the ride comfort.

Saving up a bit before I go down to the states to grab them.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Accent
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was playing with the Discount Tires Wheel System on the right and there are some nice Drag Rims in 15's that they say will fit. (Just saying it's a good idea to shop several places).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yea I might consider Discount Tire since they handle all the install without having to do shipping with tirerack. Drive right down to the bellingham branch.

You should fill out your location info ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts