Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have occasional problems with the idle reving up to 3000 rpm and it won't shift when it is first started. Then sometimes after it is warm it would go to 3000 rpm and would come back down to 1000 on it's own. The check engine light comes on sometimes. It is an automatic trans. I did see on here to check and cleaned all 3 sensors. I disconected the battery but did not push the brake pedal as I saw today in one of the posts. It ran OK for a while but then it happened again and I had Autozone scan it and codes PO101 & PO134 came up. 101 is the mass air flow and 134 oxygen sensor 1 in bank 1. I know where the maf is and may have to reclean and crimp and or solder. I had replaced 2 Oxygen sensors before which I saved the printout from the dealer. The #'s are OKO8A-18-861B , OKO8B-18-861B I didn't know there is a third and I don't see one on the print. Any help would be appreciated.

You guys have been great. THANKS

·
Registered
349 Posts
It is not necessary to depress the brake pedal to reset the ECM. A battery disconnect is sufficient.

Fix the MAF problem first (P0101). As you stated fix the electrical connectors. For the MAF as well as the TPS and IAC. This is the cause of the high and uncontrolled idle. Also check the ground wire between the battery tray and the intake manifold. Make sure the connections are clean and tight. Once this is done reset the ECM again. Chances are the P0134 DTC won't come back but if it does then throubleshoot that.

There are two O2 sensors, not 3.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
Pulling the ecu fuse works well to clear a code as well... and requires no tools. (or loss of stereo memory)

-GE
I bring good things to life!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts