Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that I'm filling my 2016 Soul up more often than I used to (every 3 days instead of every 4) without changing my driving habits so started watching the gas range against my odometer. I've driven 15 miles since my last fill-up and the range says I've burned 37 miles' worth of gas. I get that this is an estimate based on the type of driving I'm doing, etc., but this seems really off and again I haven't changed anything in my commute and am filling up 25% more often. Any ideas what could be going on here?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,892 Posts
I noticed that I'm filling my 2016 Soul up more often than I used to (every 3 days instead of every 4) without changing my driving habits so started watching the gas range against my odometer. I've driven 15 miles since my last fill-up and the range says I've burned 37 miles' worth of gas. I get that this is an estimate based on the type of driving I'm doing, etc., but this seems really off and again I haven't changed anything in my commute and am filling up 25% more often. Any ideas what could be going on here?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
511 Posts
Winter gas formula is most likely to blame, also, which gas and gas station did you use before getting the drop in gas mileage?
Also, injectors may be sticking, try adding Techron to gas, say a full concentrated bottle to half full tank and burn it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been dealing with the same problem in my 2016 soul. The gas mileage just keeps getting crappier. In addition, last month, the engine started vibrating violently like a magazine clip was unloading every time i was idle in gear, if I put it in neutral it would stop but kept getting louder so I pulled into a jiffy lube out of concern to have them check, they said it was dry and showed me the dip stick my oil was like empty in between regular changes the oil light NEVER warned me!
I've used fuel injector cleaners since the spark plugs replaced and still no change. Used to get 87 octane as per dealer no Costco or junk only shell, BP, exon, sunoco... but occasionally sheetz 88. After the FI treatment was told to use only 89 and no more sheetz. Been using 89 for 6 months, 3 bottles of FI treatment later no change. I'm gonna try the half tank treatment and see what happens but 1 more thing, as soon as depress the brake the vibrating is almost gone then press the brake again and it's firing off the ammo! The brake pads are low but still 1 more oil change away from needing to be changed. Idk but I'm wondering if it's a brake warning, that light hasn't ever warned me. I'd be happy to have a clue why! Thanks in advance to anybody who knows why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts