Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento EX
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I need to replace the shaft and seals that runs through the center of the plenum, but I can not seem to find the part numbers for these parts. Does anyone hapen to know what the part numbers are.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,456 Posts
Remove the shaft, remove butterflies, plug vacuum line motor, plug ends and drive on. So many people plugged the vacuum lines to deactivate the blades. They have a tendacy to vibrate loose and the engine tries to eat them, resulting in a valve job for the heads.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento EX
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

It looks like I can't get the parts separately and It seems my sister is more the willing to just buy a whole new plenum for $300 to fix the problem. This is probably the best option, I really dont wont to do anymore jerry rigging, if it was my car I would do like you suggested.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,456 Posts
When you put it all back together, best advice is to NOT hook up the vacuum to the motor. You will not notice any difference in mileage or performance. The theory is the vibration of the engine causes the screws on the butterflies to loosen and fall out, getting sucked in to the engine and bending valves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts