Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning to get a car at Dec, however I still dont knw what to get.
My budget is about 60K+ RM, so please give me some advice.

the same time I do have some target in mind which are;

Myvi - Perodua
Getz - Hyudai
Picanto - Kia
Gen 2 - Proton

My wife loves Picanto but I dont knw which to choose.
Since Picanto is only 1.1CC I afraid no power in compare with the rest 1.3CC.
So please give me some suggestion

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Proton quality is dire, possibly worst car I've had the misfortune to drive :blush:
Perodua, recycled daihatsu's still??

Picanto and getz are relatives, drive both see which you prefer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picanto is cute.
But i heard ppl said it shakes alot with low speed.
However Picanto pwer enough?? cuz never drive a 1.1CC car
all my cars before r more than 2.0CC
so dont knw how is goes with 1.1CC only..
but since cars in Malaysia is way to expensive than in Taiwan n US..
so got no much choice...

Please share me with ur exp....thanks~~

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I am getting my Picanto soon. I faced the same problem as you. Finally, i test drived Hyundai Getz and Picanto and decided to buy the Kia. Cant comment much on the power of the picanto, but it is the exterior and interior look that attracts me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm very happy to my 1.1 pica (auto). save petrol, road tax cheap, speed not bad..
I also drive in to KL is very stable. Hee hee... :clap:

One think I don't like is the side mirror have to adjust manually -_-

My friend drive a Getz - petrol like "drink coke"....

Malaysia car ha ha I think you know better then us...
Cheap but quality...... hee hee u know la..... :grin:

Hope this will help..

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
283 Posts
my housemate owns gen2 n getz.. n frankly said, im the engineer who responsible to test drive Myvi before it release... dont asking me why i left the job..

Gen2... better not, why? my housemate bought the car since 3 months ago, but i think he only drive it for appoximately a month till now, coz most of time, the Car is in service center..

Getz... some i heard have better fuel consumption, never check it but the power just the same as Picanto, dont know what to say, but at least, if u are looking for modification n tuning in future, better get Getz, i cant tell u why, u will know once u get it (but compare the price wise... unworthy to have)

Picanto.. look at price wise, FC, worth - he wins.. lack of power but, with good design and arrangement in engine compartment provide u enough easiness in modification and tuning... but when it comes to electronic tuning, its the worse.. dont beleive it? read a book about modification n tuning ur engine, open ur hood, u can find the same engine arrangement inside except the turbo part... mm neat aa..

Myvi... dont wanna talk laa.. too slow on the road... takes almost 6 to 7 hours going back to kampung fron KL to Kedah..

btw, thats y i look into picanto instead...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts