Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep change in my ashtray, I had a coin get behind the ashtray drawer and now it wont close cause of the coin.. Can someone tell me how to get the drawer out so I can remove the coin and then put all my change somewhere else?

I cant find a thing on this and I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the drawer out.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I believe you are going to have to remove the two pieces of plastic trim that runs from the top of the dash all the way down to the console. They are the pieces that have the vents that are on each side of the radio. Once those are removed you should see some screws in the area that you are having issues with. Remove those screws and the drawer should come right out.
Hope this makes some sense to you its pretty early in the morning! lol
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to look at that tonight, I didnt even see how those popped off.

My wife will be happy, She wasnt to happy that the change was kept there and now I can see why :)

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I used a small flat head screw driver to pry it off. I wraped a rag around the end of it to protect the interior of the vehicle. (I have removed those panels because I replaced my headunit.) Once you can get your fingers behind the panel to take it off you can let go of the screw driver and finish poping it off with your hands.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Nice find! :)
Pictures 2 and 3 are the pieces that I was talking about that need to be removed.
Pictures 9 and 10 show the drawers being removed.
Cant make it any easier than that. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL, That is awsome!! worked and now the wife is very very happy!!!

I will email you all a beer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That website given earlier is under construction. Can anyone else give me pointers on how and where to pry the side trim off to get the drawer out. My military ID is behind the drawer and I need it to get home every night!! Please help!!

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Pry between the bottom drawer and the trim piece. Cover a screwdriver in tape, and "aim" it towards the trim piece you're trying to remove. The drawer will push in some when you do this. When you get it started, just use your fingers to pull the trim and work your way up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, unfortunately I tried this and all I did was cause a small scratch in the panel. How are these panels held on? I have the sport edition and it is the brushed metal look.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
There's just a few clips that hold each side in there. They're either in or they're not, so there's some resistance and then the clip sort of "gives" and the clip pops loose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts