Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

I have a 2007 Sedona and now both of my power sliding doors quit working. The first one went out about 6 months ago and now the 2nd. Here's what is happening(identical problem on both doors)-
The overhead buttons and the remote buttons won't work and the door doesn't even beep. If you push the buttons on the sides there will be a loud beeping sound but the door will not open. *IF* the van is running, the doors will open the majority of the time but only by pulling the handles, the buttons still don't work. Once the door is in the open position, you pull the handle slightly and the door will start to close but jerk as if it is caught on something, if you pull the handle and tug the door forward a bit to get it passed where it sticks, it will continue shutting all of the way.

We have only had this car a year and it has been a money pit =( I don't have much more to sink into it. I wasn't too worried about the first door but now that the other is broken, my kids can't get in and out without help because they aren't strong enough.

Can someone please offer some suggestions?
Thanks!

Jen

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
The Sedona power sliding doors have issues with the controller actuator motors getting worn and not actuating far enough to allow the door to release correctly. Usually you can tell when the door is open and you push the open/close switch on the side, the door will try to slide closed, but it will act like there is something blocking the track. Kia has a TSB out for this and usually there is a code stored that helps to diagnose it correctly.

The motors aren't difficult to replace, but it will require some basic tools to remove the door panels. Once they're replaced, manually open and close the doors first to reset the door logic and then use the power button.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
Hmm funnily enough our 2007 Entourage has just started doing the same thing...

Can't open or close the driver side sliding door with the buttons...but pull the handle and it will open.

I do notice that the door seems to be sticking at the bottom and it almosts tilts on the frame as it tries to push the top of the door.

When you tug on the door handle this "helps" the door get over the sticking point...is this really due to a bad motor - it looks more like simple adjustment would cure it?

I found further information here:
2007 Entourage power sliding door troubleshooting

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thats exactly the same problem the Sedonas have. Replaced many of them and its fixed it every time. Picture shows the current part number used in the US models, may be the same for all?
Any tips or advice on installing this motor?

I'll probably give it a go over the Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Any tips or advice on installing this motor?

I'll probably give it a go over the Thanksgiving weekend.
I put this together from 2 TSBs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well I did the Actuator Motor swap today - took me about an hour overall, now that I know what I'm doing, that could probably be done to around 30 minutes.

....That can wait until the other door motor fails I suppose :rolleyes:

This was all taken on the fly - apologies for any crappy shots as result. ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
New Poster here! - I have the same issues on my 07 Sedon. Do you have the TSB info or the repair instructions
Did you just see the thread title and not read anything and simply post that question without reading or looking at any of the links that tell (and show you) how to do the repair? :huh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you just see the thread title and not read anything and simply post that question without reading or looking at any of the links that tell (and show you) how to do the repair? :huh:
I actually read the thread quite thoroughly. I am unable to view the video and I do not see any links that show the actual repair. Any valuable input is appreciated, much more than condescending remarks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Well the guide written by Pacosworld is pretty much everything you should need to be able do it, my video basically supplements the guide so you can see what you are getting into.

Not sure what else you'd really need to be honest?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm not sure what you are using to view this website if you are not seeing the info but the full installation guide is given by Pacosworld in posts #8 & #9.

You've already quoted the first page of the Pacosworld guide in post #12 above.

I've embedded a youtube link in post #11 which goes through the install guide during the actual repair.

If you can't see that go to youtube and do a search for the following: Hyundai Entourage & Kia Sedona Door Fix

·
Registered
4 Posts
GTD - I have figured it out, the pictures & video content are being blocked here at work. I was able to view them on my phone. I'll review and maybe give it a try this weekend. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
496 Posts
GTD - I have figured it out, the pictures & video content are being blocked here at work. I was able to view them on my phone. I'll review and maybe give it a try this weekend. Thanks for your help.
Ah OK... I understand why you had problems now.

If you watch the video it'll give you a better idea of what you need to do and I flag up differences and difficulties. Hopefully you can give an account of your experience to help others too

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well I did the Actuator Motor swap today - took me about an hour overall, now that I know what I'm doing, that could probably be done to around 30 minutes.

....That can wait until the other door motor fails I suppose :rolleyes:

This was all taken on the fly - apologies for any crappy shots as result. ;)

Hyundai Entourage & Kia Sedona Door Fix
Excellent video gtd2000. Gotta say I see the same crappy setup sometimes with the weatherstrip sealant? on Sedonas that had not been opened up yet. But overall these replacement motors seem to be taking care of that issue. Good job!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts