Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Kia Sedona EX that i just bought a couple months ago van was running great and had had no problems other than a little rear brake noise. This morning i got up to take my kids to the school bus went out and started my van so it could warm up and no check engine light on at that time but i did notice it was idoling very rough which was something new. I took them to the bus and about half way there as i was accelerating the check engine light came on but it would go back off when i let off the gas and then back on again when i accelerated again and continued to do this until i got back home. I shut it off and came in the house for a while and then went back out and started it and checked it again and the light is now staying on. Please help me as to what might be going on here this is my only vehicle and i need it to be reliable so if anyone has any idea what might be going on here please let me know.

Thank You Very Much.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,475 Posts
If you have recently fueled the car up check the gas cap. If they are not tightened properly it can throw a code(CEL). If it is the cap, the light should go out. If not get it read before you clear it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts